Respect for Human Rights
At FANUC, we respect the human rights of all persons involved in our business, based on the understanding that it is the basic principle of all activities, in accordance with our Human Rights Policy.
In addition, the FANUC Code of Conduct prohibits “discrimination based on race, beliefs, gender, social status, religion, nationality, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, etc.”
We ensure that employees do not infringe the human rights of others through harassment prevention education and line-care training.
Laws and International Norms of Behavior
FANUC respects human rights as deﬁned in international norms, such as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the International Labour Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, in accordance with the guiding principles on business and human rights.
Human Rights Due Diligence
The following items will be addressed as priority issues.
Prohibition of Discrimination
- Prohibition of discrimination based on gender, age, nationality, ethnicity, race, place of origin, religion, beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, etc.
Respect for the Rights of Workers
- Ensuring employee health and safety
- Prohibition of all forms of harassment
- Prohibition of child labor and forced labor
- Respect for the rights of foreign and migrant workers
- Respect for freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- Prevention of low-wage labor (labor less than the minimum wage and living wage)
- Prevention of excessive amounts of overtime
Respect for the Rights of Vulnerable People
- Respect for the rights of local and indigenous peoples related to our business
- Respect for the rights of women, children, persons with disabilities, minorities, and the elderly
- Avoiding complicity in conﬂicts and human rights violations relating to mineral procurement
Protection of Privacy and Personal Information
- Respecting the privacy of customers, employees, and other parties concerned, and protecting personal information
FANUC will evaluate and identify potential and actual human rights risks and implement measures to avoid or reduce such human rights risks.
We will encourage our business partners and related parties not to infringe human rights if they have a negative issues on human rights.
When it is clear that our business has caused or has engaged in any violation human rights impacts, we will endeavor to implement remedies them, and will establish a grievance system as necessary.
A helpdesk has been established in both the Human Resources Division and the labor union to provide advice across the entire company. A helpdesk has also been set up in the Welfare Department of the Human Resources Division, led by the executive employees in charge (one male and one female). This helpdesk offers advice on all forms of human rights-related harassment, including sexual harassment, maternity harassment (harassment related to pregnancy, childbirth, child-care leave, etc.), and power harassment. The existence of this helpdesk is being widely advertised through the company-wide portal site. We have established a framework to respond to inquiries from employees and offer advice.
In these consultations, due attention is given to the protection of privacy, and consideration is given to ensure that anyone seeking advice and anyone who is involved in confirmation of the facts of the matter are not subjected to unfavorable treatment. Based on confirmation of the facts, the consultations are handled by the parties concerned, taking confidentiality into account, and appropriate measures are taken. In this way, we strive to improve the workplace environment to make it a more comfortable place to work.
Harassment Prevention Training for All Employees
Harassment in the workplace is not only an act that unjustly harms the dignity and character of the individual, but it is also an absolutely unforgivable act that damages the workplace environment.
FANUC strives to prevent harassment, with the aim of achieving workplace environments in which all employees can maintain good mental and physical health and work energetically with peace of mind.
Our efforts to establish workplace environments that will not give rise to harassment include harassment prevention training on an e-learning platform, group harassment-prevention training for executive employees, company-wide preventive measures, and fostering understanding of diversity.
We post examples of harassment and the company’s responses on the company-wide portal site to thoroughly raise awareness among employees.
Communication and Education
- We thoroughly inform all employees and our group companies of our human rights policies.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders on measures against risks and impacts on human rights.
- We will appropriately disclose and report information on our Human Rights Policy and related initiatives.